Without cookies enabled we cannot guarantee that the website and your experience whilst visiting will be as intended it to be.
The Elm of Burford website(s), along with many other websites use 'Cookies'. Cookies are small text files that websites send to a cookie file on a visitor's computers hard disk. Cookies enable visitors to navigate around the website and where applicable tailor the content to the visitor, for example, visitor name, past orders, previous searches etc. Cookies allow the website to tailor the content to the needs of the visitor and improve the overall visitor experience. Without cookies it would be difficult for a website to allow the visitor to fill up the shopping basket, proceed to the checkout, remember the visitors preferences or registration details for a later visit. The Elm of Burford website allows customers to move from one part of the website to another and to add items to the basket without having to repeatedly login.
Cookies are not computer programs, and cannot read any other information saved on a visitor's hard drive. Cookies cannot be used to disseminate viruses, or gather a visitors email address. They only contain and transfer to the website as much information as the visitors has disclosed to the website. It is possible to opt out of cookies via your browser settings, however by doing so this may prevent you from transacting on the Elm of Burford website. Please note: Cookie settings are devices specific, if you if you log on to a site from another computer or device you cookie settings will not apply.
You can find further information about managing and disabling cookies on your computer or device please visit www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies
When visiting the Elm of Burford website cookies will either be served by Elm of Burford or by their business partners. Elm of Burford may use the following types of cookies;
These cookies allow the visitor to use the basic functionality of the website. For example browsing products, completing forms, placing an order, completing a transaction or viewing your account. Without cookies enabled you may be prevented from carrying out these tasks.
This type of cookies allows Elm of Burford to gain an understanding of how visitors use the website(s). Cookies are used to analyze essential visitor information, like site usage, visitor's numbers and time spent on site. This information will help Elm of Burford to see if advertising campaigns are working and what content visitors like on the site. This information is then used to help refine marketing campaigns and makes the onsite experience more enjoyable for all visitors.
They allow Elm of Burford to provide visitors with additional functionality on the website and as a result will retain some settings information. While these are non-essential cookies they enable extra features, which enhance a visitors experience.
The last type of cookie used is, targeting cookies. These cookies track visitors' interests in products. These cookies may be used to understand what appeals to visitors allowing Elm of Burford to make potential special offers as appropriate as possible. This information may also be used to create relevant banner ads displaying products relating to items last viewed onsite. These banners are then served across other websites that you may visit; this process is called behavioural advertising. While the banner advertisement is tailored to each visitor, all cookie data is anonymised and stored temporarily. All banners of this type will feature an 'I' icon that provides more information from each advertising network and instructions on how to opt out. Elm of Burford also use the browsing behaviour data to create personal product recommendations on the website, marketing emails and offline promotions.
It is important to note that a cookie can be a session or persistent cookie.
A session cookie is a temporary cookie which only exists within the period you access the website. Session cookies help the Elm of Burford website remember what you have chosen on the previous page.
A persistent cookie remain on your device after you have visited the Elm of Burford website. These cookies help to identify visitors as a unique visitor, usually by storing a randomly generated number on you hard drive. The length of time this cookie remains depends on the type of cookie. These cookies do not contain any personal information that can be used to identify visitors.
To enable cookies
To ensure you have the best possible experience while visiting the Elm of Burford please check cookies are being accepted by your browser.
If you're not sure of the type and version of web browser you use to access the Internet:
For PCs: click on 'Help' at the top of your browser window and select the 'About' option
For Macs: with the browser window open, click on the Apple menu and select the 'About' option
How to check cookies are enabled for PCs
- Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select Options
- Click the 'Under the Hood' tab, locate the 'Privacy' section, and select the 'Content settings' button
- Now select 'Allow local data to be set'
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
- Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select 'Internet options' , then click on the 'Privacy' tab
- Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below, which will enable cookies in your browser
- Settings above Medium will disable cookies
- Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select Options
- Then select the Privacy icon
- Click on Cookies, then select 'allow sites to set cookies'
- Click on the Cog icon at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
- Click on 'Security', ensure the option called 'Block third-party and advertising cookies' is unticked
- Click 'Save'
How to check cookies are enabled for Macs
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 on OSX
- Click on 'Explorer' at the top of your browser window and select 'Preferences' options
- Scroll down until you see 'Cookies' under Receiving Files
- Select the 'Never Ask' option
Safari on OSX
- Click on 'Safari' at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
- Click on 'Security' then 'Accept cookies'
- Select the 'Only from site you navigate to'
Mozilla and Netscape on OSX
- Click on 'Mozilla' or 'Netscape' at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
- Scroll down until you see cookies under 'Privacy & Security'
- Select 'Enable cookies for the originating web site only'
- Click on 'Menu' at the top of your browser window and select 'Settings'
- Then select 'Preferences', select the 'Advanced' tab
- Then select 'Accept cookies' option
Data over the Internet
From time to time Elm of Burford may use a third-party service provider to serve ads on Elm of Burford behalf across the Internet and sometimes on their own site. They collect anonymous information about visitors to our website and interaction with the products and services. The third party may also use information from other websites to target advertisement for goods and services. This information is collected through a pixel tag, which is industry standard technology used by most major websites. No personally identifiable information is collected or used in this process. They do not know the name, phone number, address, email address or any other personally identifying information about the visitor. You can read more about online marketing practices and the technologies that support them by visiting http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/